|Stephen Hart married Mary Plumley Born:1812 Virginia and they had thirteen children.|
Given Name: Stephen Cherokee
Death: October 04, 1896
|Name||Birth/Death Date||Town or City|| County||State|
|Jane ||abt. 1833 || || ||Virginia (Female)|
|Martha ||abt. 1834 || || ||Virginia (Female)|
|James ||abt. 1836 / May 9, 1864 || || ||Virginia (Male)|
|Charity ||abt. 1837 / 16 Jul 1869 || || ||Virginia (Female)|
|William ||abt. 1840 / 1853 || ||Kanawha/Boone||Virginia (Male)|
|Kelly ||abt. 1844 / 9, Oct. 1913 || ||Kanawha/Boone||Virginia (Male)|
|Nancy ||abt. 1846 / ? ||Kanawha/Boone||Virginia (Female)|
|Floyd ||abt. 1847 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Male)|
|Catherine ||abt. 1849 / 1942|| ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|Dolliver ||abt. 1851 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|Rebecca ||abt. 1853 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|Salina ||abt. 1855 / Oct. 04,1896 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|John ||abt. 1857 ||Spencer ||Roane County ||Virginia (Male)|
Catherine (sometimes spelled Catharine, Katherine or Katharine)
(1) Stephen Hart a son of James and Catherine Hart whose maiden name was Catherine Sizemore a daughter of Ned Sizemore a full blooded Cherokee Indian
(2) Boone County was formed in 1847 from parts of Kanawha, Cabell, and Logan Counties and named for Daniel Boone. Roane County was formed in 1856 from parts of Gilmer, Jackson, Kanawha and Wirt counties and it must be remembered that Boone County and Roane County was a part of Virginia before 1863 and after the Civil War they become counties of West Virginia.
(3) James killed at Cloyds Mountain May 9, 1864. Through the years, most of the men and women who fought and died in the civil war (1861 / 1865) have been forgotten. Now, only the descendants remember.
(4) There is an added + (member Home Guards) and a star (joined Union Army) beside Kelly's name in the 1860 Census of Roane County W. Va.
(5) Logan County was formed in 1824 from parts of Cabell, Kanawha, Giles and Tazewell counties (VA. / W.VA.). Logan County birth and death and marriage records for the years 1824 - 1852 were destroyed during the Civil War.
(6) Any census record providing a individual's age will always produce two possible birth dates, depending on whether the individual has or has not had their birthday yet that year.
For example, if Nancy is age 15 in the 1860 Census, it means Nancy could have been born in 1845 or in 1846, depending on whether or not they had had their birthday by the time they were counted by the census taker.
Kelly S. Hart